Classic sugar cookies. I guarantee, I you’ll love them. I have been using this recipe for a long time, it is my favorite. Cookies have really good flavor and always keeps the shape. Perfect for royal icing decorations.
- 450 g all-purpose flour
- 250 g soft butter
- 200 g fine sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1large egg
- Preheat oven to 175 ℃ / 350°F.
- Combine the butter and sugar in the bowl until smooth.
- Add the egg ,salt, vanilla, and almond extract and mix until incorporated.
- Slowly add flour to the mixture and continue to mix until the dough comes together.
- Form the dough into a ball and chill in the fridge( one hour). If you are in a rush you can skip this step.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to 1/4 inch (0,6 cm)thick. Use cookie cutters of your choice.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes.
- Let cookies cool completely before frosting.