Sooo easy to make light as a feather cake. This sponge cake doesn’t contain baking soda or baking powder. Whipped egg whites with sugar make this cake light and airy
- 5 Eggs
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup plain flour (sifted)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- pinch of salt
All ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 160 ℃ / 320°F.
- Place the egg whites and salt in the mixing bowl and beat them until thick.
- Gradually add sugar until mixture is glossy (about 1 tablespoon at a time).
- Add egg yolks to the egg whites and sugar and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Add flour and cornstarch
- Mix everything carefully using a wooden spoon or plastic spatula.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan ( 20 cm ).
- Bake until cake beginning to shrink away from the sides of the pan and the toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean ( about 35-40 min. )