Lemon Curd is a word-famous lemon cream. You can use it for pancakes, cakes, cookies. There are so many possibilities. The taste of lemon balances the sweetness of the cream. It’s very simple and quick to prepare.
- 2 large egs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup (150g) white sugar
- 60 g butter
- 2 large lemon (lemon zest & lemon juice)
- pinch of salt
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt until well combined. Put into a medium saucepan.
- Set over medium heat and cook for about 7 minutes, until thickned. String constantly with a wooden spoon. Watch out because it can burn.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Transfer to a small bowl. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap.
- Cool completely. Keep in the fridge until ready to use.